Monday, November 12, 2012

Workin on the Weekend.

Took some work home with me this weekend, had some concepts I wanted to play around with since I got some critique from the Champlain professors on Friday as well finished some major features. Now included is 4 player multiplayer! Which is really awesome. It changes the game dynamic in a lot of interesting ways, especially on the larger maps. Will find out the extent when I sit down to do a bit testing event sometime in the nearish future.

Priority list is now getting smaller, while larger aspects begin to loom. I found a guide on how to create Asynchronous multiplayer in AS3, no I’m not kidding. It was like finding the motherload. So that could be something I hit later in the week.

I want to add some additional options, give the game a timer, etc and this week I really want to figure out my color problem. Right now when you play the game it can be hard to differentiate between level 1 & 2 tiles at a glance. So I started playing around with color combinations and will be testing those out later this week.

In addition I may have fixed some of my efficiency problems. Originally every tile had a mouse event listener. Which means that there is a lot of them at any given time. What I got working this weekend was that the board now has a singular listener, when it detects a touch/mouse event it looks at the objects underneath and identifies the tile. Maybe zooming and scrolling will work now, who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment