Saturday, December 22, 2012

Holiday Update

So here I am, working at home and writing code on an Acer Aspire 5532 I bought during college so that I could write papers. A cheap deal at Best Buy and something never really built to be coding on. Build times are a good bit longer and I can barely play Overflow, the good news is that I don’t really need too since I’m working on the map editor.

The overhaul is coming along pretty well after I finally broke the bug that had stumped me for three hours the other day. Players will be able to switch map sizes, play player tiles on the board, save & load to multiple save slots!

What I need to finish up is in the preview options have the tiles display player colors (at present they only know what grey tiles are) and in the actual game I need to make sure that the pre-placed player tiles show up and function correctly.

Matt talked to Dean, the Ai professor at Champlain, and he gave us some great advice. That is probably the next thing I dive into.

Had someone on Facebook ask about Android, and it’s a total possibility. Flash can apparently build straight out to Android, which is awesome. The biggest thing that is stopping me from doing so is that I don’t have a device to test on + I don’t know if there is even an android device with the same resolution as the iPad. If not then I need to scale everything to fit a range of particular resolutions which just becomes another thing on the long list of things to do. So we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment