Monday, December 10, 2012

And now we wait

Apple will get back to us sometime this week and until that happens we wait. But there is still plenty to do. Need to get the gameplay video in order, Marguerite is working on that. Looked over our press contact page, updated it and added a few more people who would be more appropriate to contact, beginning to create new marketing material (banners, backgrounds, etc).

And what I did over the weekend was start to shift through my code and try to find more efficient ways to do things. Those of you with an iPad might notice the lag time it takes for a mass number of tiles to flip over in a single move. That is what I am trying to alleviate.

In addition I’m going through and ripping out defunct functions and unused variables that have just been sitting around since I tried this or that. In addition I’m going through and commenting on what some of the functions do or why I did something in a particular way so that down the line I will remember.

I started a giant wish list of things to add to Overflow as well, ill sort it into major and minor in a few days and see if I can start work on some of them. Based on the feedback from testing most people wanted to see AI added to the game first, which would be a major task. I’ve never coded Ai and it’s a scary task, :<

Matt setup a meeting with a professor from Champlain who teaches Ai, so he will hopefully help to get us on the right path.

No comments:

Post a Comment