Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The Little Things

I’m headed home next week, just worked out that way with the price of airfare. And while I can do some things at home, I cannot build out to iPad, Which limits how much work I can do. So this week I took my giant wish list, looked forward at the future and began to make some plans.

Yesterday was sound day. I created a Sound Manager for Overflow, which will be (like its name implies) solely responsible for the in-game sound. Button click noises and all of that I’m not really worried about. The major hurdle in front of us when it comes to sound design will be how the tiles sound when they cascade.

I built two different methods yesterday that would give unique sound effects to the cascade depending on how long it goes on for, what I’m waiting on now is to coordinate with Griffen Fargo, a good friend of ours who is helping us with that department.

The goal is to hopefully push an update that is sound oriented the week after we get back from break.

But until we then there is some quality of life stuff and some little things I’ve mapped out to work on over the course of this week.

For you hard-core fans who don’t allow take-backs, the undo button can now be removed from the game! It’s on by default, but in the options menu you can turn it off. In addition, all choices made in the options menu will now be remembered. You like playing with the percent bar always on, well good news, turn it on once and it will always be there.

The map editor got some love yesterday as well; you can now draw the tiles on the board! (Before you had to click each tile) it’s a little laggy, but for the most part I think it works well. + When saving your own maps the font size is no longer ginormous. Still don’t know why the font gets bigger on the iPad, but whatever Apple.

Today is dedicated to creating team play! 2v2,3v1,2v1 that kind of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment