Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Sound...

Thanks to Ryan for letting us know about the continuing AI issues, Matt turned around and took another look and I think we plugged the rest of the holes for AI.

Learned that the way I had been loading in external libraries into Flash was all wrong, as a result the game had a ridiculous build time as well as a bit of lag time when running a level for the first time. Now I know what not to do.

When Pathogen first launches, it sits on a pure black screen for a second or two before actually loading the game. That black screen I discovered is the initial load period and a splash image can be displayed if named correctly and loaded into the IPA, looks a little more professional now.

Sound...

Sound/music is kinda my blind spot in game development. I don't know where to even begin, so i've been avoiding it for a long, long time. But finally, I have come to the realization that we do really kinda need it. So I started simple, no button sounds, just a background track that loops. Since Matt has come aboard he has shown me the awesome power of Static classes (not something i learned about in school) So the music stuff came along a lot faster in part because of that, but also because i found a really great sound code library called ASound, which simplifies the calls you need to make and gives a breadth of control over the tracks that are being played.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment