Thursday, October 25, 2012

Flickr Stream

Finally got my HackVT Project live and on the web.

Had some serious problems getting it up, was working fine in engine, but the moment I stuck it on the web things started to fall apart. Had a crossdomain.xml page and everything. Went back onto campus Tuesday night to pick Manely’s brain about how to fix it, but for once I stumped him.

He did point me in the direction of Flash Firebug, a firefox plugin, that allowed flash debug messages to appear on the web! And bam, I instantly get an error message, about an hour later I have it working on the web.

So please go check it out here:

And let me know what you think.

So why did I make it?

Well, I wanted to create an aesthetically pleasing application that focused on photography that incorporated moving images.

Movement was a key aspect because it lends a few things: 1. Makes the application feel alive and dynamic, information is always changing and I wanted it to feel fresh and new every time. 2. Most users, when browsing images immediately begin scrolling down the page, so why not make the images move.

Possibilities:

This is a unique, engaging way to view a photographer’s portfolio, and artists work, or a company’s finished products in a slick new way. This is done way easier with a folder of images, as you can see here.

What I might add:

The ability to pause the screen, select individual images to see more about them, save them into favorites, search additional databases, make this available for free on mobile.

No comments:

Post a Comment