Friday, July 27, 2012

Sir, how fast were you going?

So I am originally from Colorado, a small town about an hour out of Denver in the foothills. And I swear it was one of the last places to get anything close to real internet, except for Northeast Kingdom, sorry Joe. I grew up on dial-up, but we eventually changed over to satellite internet, which gave us about 40K up and down, provided it didn’t storm, or snow, or get too windy. We lived in a canyon between two hills in Colorado which meant that one of these things was almost always happening.

When I was in highschool we ended up getting DSL through Comcast, which meant we went up to something like 80K up and down.

I went to college and bang, suddenly I was pulling down at 800K!!!!!!!!!!!

And wait? What’s this? Google Fiber?!





Gigabit connection speed.

That’s something more than 100 times faster than what I had at college. What in the world???? Available only in Kansas City of all places, but wow I didn’t think that kind of speed was even possible in this decade, I would have been perfectly happy with 20 mgs up/down.

If you want to drool at the future, check out their site here.

No comments:

Post a Comment