Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Indie Game: The Movie

It finally came out!

This film is spectacular. Marguerite and I saw it while attending GDC with a huge group of developers from all over the world and the place was packed, the line wrapping around the conference floor. When it was over a standing ovation was given to James Swirsky and Lisanne Pajot, the two who directed, produced and shot the film. The showing was especially awesome because after we watched the film the Team Meat folks, Jonathan Blow, as well as Phil Fish took the stage and answered questions from the audience.

What the film does amazingly well from my point of view, is that it brings the experience of game development down to a easily digestible level. My friends back home and my family know that I am a developer, but when they ask me what exactly I do sometimes it can be incredibly hard to encapsulate all the hard work, coding binges, late night meetings, art integration, and systems design.

If your a long time gamer, if you know someone who works in the industry, or if you just enjoy a sweeping heartfelt documentary, go watch this film!

You can purchase it here at their website, http://www.indiegamethemovie.com/

On Itunes or even on Steam

No comments:

Post a Comment